Thread: How to get rid of Windows 10 upgrade stuff

Default How to get rid of Windows 10 upgrade stuff

If you are not interested in upgrading to Windows 10 and you have that damn icon in the tray or you get reminders to upgrades and ignore them, there is a program you can run which is safe and will get rid of the icon and remove all traces of windows 10.

Here the the link

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Download the GWX control panel and click on the boxes which will remove all traces. When it asks you to reboot, wait until you click all the buttons, then reboot. I noticed on my laptop, it is booting quicker, since I got rid of that crap. I can't promise that will happen on your machine, but if you want Windows 10 reminders and icon gone, this will do i t.

Thanks Steve!

I never wanted Windows 10 and last weekend, a friend brought her new laptop here and asked me to do some work on it........................I did but found it very frustrating trying to find things. Because it was her business computer, I didn't want to download anything in case it wasn't what she needed so only did what she asked. She will have to get the Geek Guys to work on it when she gets home.

All that put me off Windows 10 so your post was very helpful. I downloaded the link on both computers, went through all buttons and hope that pop up never pops up again.

RTVL is the best site for good information for computers, as well as the chat site where you and others always help those that need help with techy things.

Nat...my friend got Windows 10 and I hate it. I am used to what I have and want to keep it. Microsoft was pushing everyone to 10 and it took me a while and I finally got it off all my computers. Also, I did my mom's. She didn't want 10 either.