Thread: Ian vs Dan

Default Ian vs Dan

So who really deserved to win? Let me preface this by saying I love Ian. "Love the kid" as everyone says. I have watched the show and feeds plus read (and seen) a ton of interviews and commentary and "that kid" did NOT deserve to win against Dan. Anyone else I would have been so happy if Ian won. Why did Ian play a less dirty game than Dan? Because Dan literally spent weeks covering that kid's ass to keep the Quack Pack together. If Dan hadn't done that and taken so much grief (and grief is mild- he was practically abused), Ian would have been gone a long time ago and the WHOLE alliance destroyed. Ian also seems to forget if Dan had kept Shane, Ian would have been gone again.

This isn't a coming of age story or who needs the money or who is the nicest. It's Big Brother. Yes, people will argue you need to appeal to the jury, but I can think of a ton of winners who weren't exactly appealing (and some were even downright offensive) but they won because they played a better game. It's a GAME. The jury was full of people who were incredibly bitter and in no way were ever going to give Dan the money. Reasons jury members (and fans) said were "Dan already won", or "Ian needs the money" or "I love the kid" or "Ian really grew up in the house." No matter what Dan said in his speech he was never going to win. Case in point: Jenn. She clearly said Ian needed the money. The jury voted together as a bitter party of one.

I am beginning to get disgusted by Ian since his head has now grown 2x bigger. He is already saying horrible things about Dan in his interviews, things he is stating because other HGs are whispering in his ear and because he is trying to show off. I can't think of a season where I hated who was chosen to win despite loving him in the game, unless you count the mid-season BB, but it wasn't so much as I hated the winner but I hated everyone. Right now, Ian is already growing arrogant- his interviews keep getting more and more obnoxious.

In almost every single interview, Dan is always mentioned for playing an unbelievable game. Maybe even the best in BB history. What do I read about Ian? How he's a great kid, played a good game, needed the money, blah blah blah. But in no way did that kid play an unbelievable game. Dan protected him and everyone in his alliance and got a lot of blood on his hands. The jury was so bitter they couldn't see straight to understand how hard Dan had to work to stay in this game. I am disgusted. I love Ian but just because you were a good kid protected by "Satan" doesn't mean you should win. Ian is delusional if he thinks he would have even got to the final 2 without Dan. Period.
    Last edited by PinkWonderGirl; 09-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.

We're PinkWonderGirl and SuperLisa and we approve this message.
    This message was paid for by the Pink Post Group.

Jun was one i hated to see win the game...reason i won't read her blogs

and perhaps Adam for what he eventually did with the money - which landed him in jail ... and he was a florida guy - boca, no less!!

i was sad Dan did not win, but wasn't adamantly against Ian as you appear...but then, i haven't followed BB vigilantly as you have, so perhaps i'd feel the same way if i had...you DO make some very good arguments
    "Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation."
    ----------Kin Hubbard

Our eyes are placed in front because it's more important to look ahead than to look back

UConn Huskies - 2011 Men's Basketball Champions!!!

I love Ian! I was just adamant he shouldn't have won against Dan. I would have been so happy if he won against anyone else... Dan- he blew Ian away.

Houseguest

its what I like to call the "Survivor/Russel Hantz" jury, abunch a whinning cry babies who got beat at a GAME by 1 person and the jury is so bitter, they don't award the true player who deserves it
    DOG AGILITY IS A-FRAME OF MIND

When a president goes to the White House floor, and does what he says he'll do, we'll all be drinking that 3 Bubble Up & eatin' that Rainbow Stew

I was Team Dan too, and how hard he had to play in the game from the beginning. I did like Ian, and his love of the game, and would have picked him for America's Choice. Haven't seen any of Ian's post interviews, but he did show an ugly side when he got drunk. To the point at the end, BB would only let him drink if he was HOH, until the final three.

They both played a different, and good game, but if Ian gets what he wants for an All Star Show, he can't play the broke innocent kid this time and will go early. Glad I haven't seen the ego post interviews, would prefer to remember his 15 minutes as he started out to be. The kid won $540,000 in total, which half will go to taxes.

A lot of people said that to Dan: He was "Hantzed." Dan is being a real sweetie about losing. I still haven't read one person say Ian made an unbelievable move for BB history. I am still as bitter as that jury, but about Dan not winning. So sad.

I'm not bitter, but not happy Dan didn't win. Having to put up with Danielle was justification enough. Wonder how Ian will handle his success in the future. He was my second choice, but Dan did outplay him. If the jury had not voted personal, Dan would have won IMO.

totally agree with you, puddles!!
    "Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation."
    ----------Kin Hubbard

Our eyes are placed in front because it's more important to look ahead than to look back

UConn Huskies - 2011 Men's Basketball Champions!!!