Thread: Matt another Baller. Karma needs to bite his scrawny arse.

Default Matt another Baller. Karma needs to bite his scrawny arse.

Looks like Matt is another Baller in the BB Limbo Challenge of "How Low Can You Go". Baller won the half million but spent all his winnings on expanding his drug trafficing business instead of donating some promised hefty bucks to the charity he insulted. Seems like Mr. Mensa is following in his footsteps. It may be a reality show but the reality for the poor kids suffering from this disease is tragic and sad.

This appeared in the New York Post yesterday by Linda Stasi:

Sick joke backfires on 'BB'

Hey CBS, illness isn't funny. Creep fakes a disease Contestant goes too far

Last Updated: 10:03 AM, July 23, 2010

'BIG Brother" -- some one should be watching you.

In a new low for reality TV, the producers are allowing a "houseguest" to lie to other contestants that his wife is suffering from melorheostosis, a disease that strikes the young, bringing a lifetime of disability, deformity and pain.

On Wednesday night, despicable contestant Matt Hoffman snarked in his private video confession that he'd been spreading the word that his wife was striken with melorheostosis and that he was on the show to win the $500,000 first prize for an expensive operation.

"Just to be abundantly clear, my wife does not have melorheostosis or any other disease," he laughingly told the audience when none of the other "Big Brother" contestants could hear him. "Who would vote off a guy who's just trying to save his wife's leg?"

I can answer that! All the parents coping with a relentlessly progressive disease overtaking their children, that's who.

Matt says he first heard of the disease on a cable TV show and was simply spouting back what he could remember.

The Melorheostosis Association, for one, isn't laughing at this clever ruse.
    "If Matt thinks melorheostosis is funny, he should look at the video on our Web site showing some of the beautiful little children afflicted with this catastrophic disease," Kathleen Harper, chair of the Melorheostosis Association (www.melorheostosis.com) told The Post yesterday.
    Because the disease is so rare, there is little money for research and very little hope.
    Yet, Hoffman squawked that, "If lies and sympathy get me the half million, I swear I'll make a sizeable donation to the foundation for this disease just for letting me use it and exploit it a little bit." But no, they didn't let you.
    CBS responded by saying, " 'Big Brother' is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 . . . At times, the houseguests make comments, reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone."
    Right. Meantime, Harper wants a sitdown with CBS brass. Education is everything.
    As for Matt? If he does win, he should donate it all to research. Karma is a bitch, baby!

BTW, Miss y'all. Love y'all! DB

Matt's a douche bag. So GREAT to see you back Bliss!! Computer fixed?

It's just disgusting. But, I read some of the comments people posted in the article, and a lot of them did make a very good point. If he hadn't made up this outrageous lie, people would have ever known or heard about this disease. I do agree it is a despicable thing to do regardless of any publicity. But maybe if when he had done it he had been a little apologetic or less arrogant and said it differently, I would feel different.

I mean if he had taken this long to learn about the disease and prepared what to say (and probably told his wife what he was going to do) he should have known to take a few minutes and carefully think about how he would explain what he did without all the laughing and acting so obnoxious. That was what I found so disgusting. And that he thought his behavior made him a genius. Nope- just came across as a cocky scumbag.

I hated him even before that... This just makes it 100 times more. Oh and I forgot to mention that Baller was the reason I stopped watching that season. He was gross, had a horrible, obnoxious aura, and was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. Every time I looked at him I thought of Sloth from the Goonies.
    Last edited by PinkWonderGirl; 07-24-2010 at 01:26 PM.

We're PinkWonderGirl and SuperLisa and we approve this message.
    This message was paid for by the Pink Post Group.

Him and Johnny Fairplay are up there as the two most disgusting people on reality television and i am so looking forward to when he gets the boot from BB. The backlash is going to be incredible to watch when he has to face the world. In the meantime i would love to see what his wife has to say about this and if she knows about it. When will Big Brother learn and stop making these kinds of blunders.

Houseguest

first off.....it's a game and ppl need to lighten up. I feel JF did one of the best moves in Survivor history, he even threw the producers for a loop. To have a plan like that worked out before you are even on the island.....priceless

As far as Matt, you gotta do what you gotta do, so he lied, everyone in the BB house lies, it's up to the Hgs if they believe it or not. In these hard times, a 1/2 million $$ is alot of money and don't tell me if any of you had the chance for that kind of money, you wouldn't lie either? I'm not saying you guys would say your family member is on life support, but if you were in the BB house are you going to tell me you would not lie?..........if you say yes, then YOU'RE LYING

No one said anything when Russel Hance said he was a Hurricane Katrina survivor and he lost his dog in the storm....which BTW was a lie and as someone who went threw Katrina and had to give up one of my dogs so I could get a roof over my head, yes I was offended, but then again, ITS A GAME
    DOG AGILITY IS A-FRAME OF MIND

When a president goes to the White House floor, and does what he says he'll do, we'll all be drinking that 3 Bubble Up & eatin' that Rainbow Stew

I think we didn't mind those (I know I didn't) because those characters we actually liked. I don't know how to explain it. It wasn't even necessarily that we liked Russell or Johnny. It's just they had something we liked- charm, charisma, proper evil... I don't know what. But Matt just comes across as a moron bragging about he is the BB genius and not very clever or funny. Just bragging. Can't stand Matt. But it's different from Johnny or Russ who also called themselves geniuses.

I have no idea what I just wrote. I just know Matt is no Russ or JF.

We're PinkWonderGirl and SuperLisa and we approve this message.
    This message was paid for by the Pink Post Group.

Lying is obviously part of both BB and Survivor. As is casting lowlifes, deadbeats and despicable people. However, I actually loved Johnny Fairplay that first time he was on. (The second time he was just a boring deadbeat who didn't want to be there - on AllStars no less.) The Grandma thing was genius - and very different from what Baller and Matt did. JF had preplanned "My Grandma died" with Grandma in the know - and it affected only her.

With Baller and Matt, they exploited unsuspecting people who suffer everyday with their disabilities or diseases. Baller made fun of them (and for one who claimed he "worked" with them, that was inconscionable). He obviously is an selfish, uncaring douche who thought his comments were acceptable and funny. He then after the fact promised to donate big bucks to them if he won as a lame apology. He clearly only apologized because of pressure and him thinking America might have a hand in a vote for him. They have still yet to see any of his drug money as a donation.

Mr. Mensa did one better. He PLANNED to disparage an entire community suffering from a rare disease, without a care or thought of how they would feel. if he was so smart, he should have realized how hurtful it would be to use a rare disease that devastates it's sufferers, sadly who are mostly children. Matt probably picked this disease because he figured no one would have heard of it. Unfortunately the folks who suffer from it know it too well. His attitude was obnoxious and mean spirited when he gloated in the diary room that it was just a ruse to get him the money.

It may have brought attention to that disease, but the damage was done already to the poor kids and their families who have to deal with it. And certainly gaining positive attention for them was no Matt's goal.

Now if he said his wife was hit by a bus and needed surgery - well that would be a JF move. No harm, no foul - to anyone but his wife - and perhaps busdrivers lol.

Houseguest

Quote Originally Posted by PinkWonderGirl View Post
    I think we didn't mind those (I know I didn't) because those characters we actually liked. I don't know how to explain it. It wasn't even necessarily that we liked Russell or Johnny. It's just they had something we liked- charm, charisma, proper evil... I don't know what. But Matt just comes across as a moron bragging about he is the BB genius and not very clever or funny. Just bragging. Can't stand Matt. But it's different from Johnny or Russ who also called themselves geniuses.

I have no idea what I just wrote. I just know Matt is no Russ or JF.
    you crack me up Pink...........'I have no idea what I just wrote"......lmao!!
    DOG AGILITY IS A-FRAME OF MIND

When a president goes to the White House floor, and does what he says he'll do, we'll all be drinking that 3 Bubble Up & eatin' that Rainbow Stew