Thread: The layout of the site

Default The layout of the site

Yesterday while at uni, I asked three Big Brother fan-friends to come over to the site and just give me their opinions and stuff (call it market research, if you will)... the thing that all 3 of them said was that they weren't quite sure what was where on the site. Upon getting into the forums section, they also said that there seemed to be far too many initial threads that they just weren't sure where to go or any of that.

As a result I highly suggest that the HOME PAGE of this website have CLEARLY WRITTEN ON IT something to do with LIVE FEED UPDATES/LIVE FEEDS MOST RECENT or something like that. So it's absolutely cleary and cannot be missed. As it is, you've got a MOST RECENT section which is a combination of feed updates and other latest thread updates. That is good, but this place would benefit so much more if on the website it clearly had a section written LIVE FEED LATEST. That way, new people who end up on this site can clearly see what is there and are enticed to stay around and explore. That can only be good for this place, and that can only be good for big brother fans in general.

My main reason for suggesting this is quite simple - there are a lot of people here, who are working very hard on the feeds: particularly Reese and Puddles, the late night shift. They are sacrificing their own time to do a lot of great work and I just get the sense that it goes a little unappreciated. It pains me deeply when I come on the next day, see Puddles/Reese diong updates all night long, and then those updates only having about 5 or 6 views...

I know I'm not a regular here, or an established member like many others here are. However, I do really think that the layout of the site could be changed and that would really benefit this place. Hope this can be taken seriously.

Over and out - Sunny.

I know Hypnotoad has put in many, many, many hours updating our "home away from home" for this BB season and he has made some huge, woderful improvements which are very much appreciated by everyone! I also see your point of having a "fresh pair of eyes" look at the site and their feedback has some good points. We're so used to knowing exactly where to go it is easy to overlook certain nuances that may make it easier for newcomers to navigate the site. I'm sure your input will be looked at and appreciated for the constructive advise it gives.

Regarding the live feed update post view counts: I think one of the reasons why the number of post views is so low is because when you click on the "live feed updates" link it doesn't just list the post titles, it shows what's inside the post too, and this negates the need to click on any of the individual posts to open them up - which is what must be done in order to mark the post as "viewed". I know I read ALL of the live feed updates every single day but the only time I click on one to open it up (therefore marking it as viewed) is if I'm going to make a comment.

I'm sure that I'm only one of MANY people that read our updates every day and thoroughly appreciate all the work that goes into them. Mucho Kudo's to ALL of our Updaters!! I don't know what I'd do without you!!
    Behind every successful man is his woman.
    Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

I personally love the lay out of the site. I read several other BB sites and by far I prefer this site the best. It flows good for my needs.

It's always hard when you got to a new forum application for the first time figuring out the navigation but once you get the hang of it it's very simple. I just collapse the areas I never read. There is so much on the site that you can personalize and that makes it nice if you continue to log in daily.

I think the recent post addition of being able to take out BB updates is great too. I read the updates every day and am very appreciate of the work put in by the updaters

Thank you for the input. I do know that our goal is to make the site as user friendly as we can. I will ask Hypno to look at your input, and see if those ideas will be beneficial to the site.

I genuinely appreciate all input. Thank you .

its right there, but I added some more things for those who have harder time searching...

I love how in a forum, the post threads and its reply are inside and easily read all at once. I have been to other sites that shall remain nameless where responses to threads are a hot mess and you have to click on each response to the thread in order to view the whole response which is a pain in the ass! I love this site! But there will always be room for improvements.

We're PinkWonderGirl and SuperLisa and we approve this message.
    This message was paid for by the Pink Post Group.