Thread: Does JavaChat work??

Default Does JavaChat work??

Hi,

Finally got a new puter and tried to get into chat with Java. Said there was a sandbox error? I have windows 7 - 64 bit if that matters. Does Java Chat work? Mirc is a whole magilla to set up. Just wanted to stop by and say HELLO.

hiya bliss, there is a whole step by step on setting up mirc in the help section, it is pretty easy to follow, try it

I don't think mirc has a version that works with windows 7 yet. Windows quit putting java on their systems since me. Something to do with the fact that Microsoft and sun systems (the creator of java) don't really like each other. So you have to manually download java and I would go here to do that once it is installed you will prob have to restart your browser. Download the one for your version of windows and all should work ok after that.
    http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Hi y'all!!

It has been a little daunting with a new OS. Thanks for the heads up Wiki. Actually glad I don't have to set mirc up now. I have the correct Java installed and the window kept giving me an error because I was clicking to not accept Java because it detected some kind of security issue (which had to do with no signature). Once I actually read it and bypassed it the chat opened. Sorry I missed you all last night but I will indeed stop in again now that I have a puter that works.

Still trying to figure out how to cut and paste stuff and print properly but htne there is always a new learning curve.

BTW, Sorry I missed your Birthday, Wiki. I think this was the first year. Hope you had a spectacular Day!! And I sadly missed your new hairdo pix lol. I hear it looks great!

dang i totally missed that you said win 7, i guess kaled will put a mirc soon enough that will work, in the meantime happy happy that you got your java working, look foward to saying hideeho in chat