Thread: 1st big brother 12 twist announced

Exclamation 1st big brother 12 twist announced

June 28, 2010 Big Brother 12 Twist Revealed: One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others

By: Matt |

The first Big Brother 12 spoiler has been announced and there’s no uncertainty when the word comes directly from BB12 host, Julie Chen:
    “For the first time in Big Brother history, one player is not playing to win. This summer a saboteur will reek [sic] havoc in the house.”
    So this season one of the Houseguests will not be playing for money. Instead he/she will be playing to sabotage the game. Think of it as America’s Player but one step further removed with no chance to win the half-million dollar prize.

what do you all think about this new twist, how much of an impact will it have on the game when one person is not in it for the money..how reckless will they get, will it add drama or will it take away from the game?

WOW - Interesting. Wonder if we will know who the mole will be?

i hope they keep it a secret from us, it would be more fun trying to figure out who the mole is than knowing like we did with Eric and hating him more because of it...mind you it was sort of fun watching him trying to win the tasks that were set for him

I think Julie is the saboteur.

Their twists generally suck. I will give it a fair chance, and then say, this sucks!

I think this twist will suck, too. I doubt I will be eating my words. I hated America's Player, but maybe that is just because I hated Eric. I thought the twist was a bit dull, maybe having the feeds and watching this play out live will be more interesting, but if I dislike the sabatour, then I will probably dislike the twist. I, personally don't think anything can live up to BB11 for me, I loved it. I love BB as whole, though, so I know I will have my faves and such...

Long winded, much?? LOL!

lol good to see ya babydoll, but totally understand perhaps if the AP had been someone else it would have been more exciting

BB has shown a tendency to make these players someone charismatic and a fan favorite. Eric was entertaining. Dan was entertaining. They want someone who is fun and exciting for viewers to watch. Someone that viewers wont get pissed at for having greater control over the game.

How will this new twist work with BB's previously shown tendency?

Here's my theories on The Mole:

(a) The "Mole" will be selected in the middle of week 2. This will allow BB to claim it was still a fair competition between HGs. Anyone could have been the Mole. It will allow BB to edit the show so whoever they want to be the Mole will get the golden edit. That way BB gets what they want and remains fair.

(b) The "Mole" will be a previous houseguest who has proven themselves entertaining. This will not be as successful because the new houseguests will target the returning HG. They will have to hide the Mole and that could mean an all-star type season, or atleast multiple returning HGs. Why would anyone sign on to the Mole if they cant win the prize? That would lead me to believe it is a returning houseguest who loves the game.

What exactly are the powers of this Mole? Can they be evicted? Can they vote? How will they play the game? Can they win competitions?

Having 14 houseguests could mean that this Mole might just be untouchable. They can't win the money. They are just there to play the game. If they are able to vote they will be the strongest HG and that is the only way I can see them actually "reek havoc on the house." (not a lame clanking of pots when someones sleeping, that has no effect on the game). An untouchable houseguest that can vote, but cant win HoH.... I am okay with that given that this person tries to make a good show.

I think that the Mole will have been chosen before they enter the house so that he/she can reek havoc from the get go and i disagree that it will be someone we already know. It would make more sense for it to be someone that is new and fresh and will leave us guessing as to who the person is. If it is a super BB Fan then they are in it not to win it but to play the game for the love of the game and that is going to make them dangerous because there is no carrot dangling to entice them.

I am with you on what the powers could possibly be and if they are exempt from being voted out but then if that is the case the person is no longer the Mole and we will have the identify.

Quote Originally Posted by meeno View Post
    I think that the Mole will have been chosen before they enter the house so that he/she can reek havoc from the get go and i disagree that it will be someone we already know. It would make more sense for it to be someone that is new and fresh and will leave us guessing as to who the person is. If it is a super BB Fan then they are in it not to win it but to play the game for the love of the game and that is going to make them dangerous because there is no carrot dangling to entice them.

I am with you on what the powers could possibly be and if they are exempt from being voted out but then if that is the case the person is no longer the Mole and we will have the identify.
    "Sabotage" implies a stealthy or hidden aspect to the player. So yeah, the mole will be hidden. But... This IMO will be a disaster if BB picks the Mole from casting... they have shown they fail at casting.

I hope they are picked from the start before they go in the house. Who would want it in the second week, knowing they would give up a shot at winning?

Also wonder how they will be prevented from eviction? It's either going to be funny or crash and burn badly. I'm willing to go for it. Maybe they'll put Russell Hantz in to burn socks and ruin food LOL (Joke)

Houseguest

ohhhhhh I want to know who picks the mole in the 2010 BB Pool here at the site
    DOG AGILITY IS A-FRAME OF MIND

When a president goes to the White House floor, and does what he says he'll do, we'll all be drinking that 3 Bubble Up & eatin' that Rainbow Stew

ooooooooooooooooooooo

ya ya